Beginning Audio Series for HPR and OSMP Release
ken_fallon and integroll from #oggcastplanet suggested that a lot of OSM content was over the heads of people and there would be value in doing a beginning audio series - a series less focused on how to do X in a program and more to do with the basics of audio and audio recording. This is the planning area for the proposed series.
Ep01 What is sound?:
- A sine wave
- Analog to digital conversion
- Chopping it up. (Bit rate)
- How big is each slice. (Bit depth)
- What is a WAV and what is a broadcast WAV.
- What is a codec
- Lossless audio codecs
- Lossy audio codecs
Ep02 How do you capture sound?
- Sample rate issues with previous shows.
- It's called sample rate not bit rate. Bit rate has to do with compression formats.
- Links for more information on mumble.
- How does a microphone work?
- Phantom Power
- What does a microphone pre-amplifier do?
- What types of capture devices you can use?
- v1.0 vs. v2.0